Sunday, December 14, 2008

Roofs that go bump in the night

So Friday we had some roofers come out to replace the flashing around the chimney and caulk the leaking gutters on the side of the garage and the side of the house. Well, since I was completely incapacitated at my work holiday party most of the day, and Adam was in court most of the day, I wasn't really sure what they got done on Friday.

I should have called the company yesterday, just to see what they got done and when they were coming back to finish the gutters (which are obviously still leaking)... but I was dealing with a WICKED hangover most of the day. So now there's this bumping, banging noise coming from above that can only be heard from the upstairs bedroom.

This morning I took a look outside, and it seems that our manual TV antenna, which happens to be pretty huge, is not very stable, and is swaying in the wind. I suspect it somehow got loosened by the roofers when they were fixing the flashing, and this is what's causing the noise. Should I have the roofers remove the antenna? Is there any practical use for it? I can't see ever not having cable or some form of digital television.

0 shout-outs: