Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Carpet!

Saturday the carpet was installed upstairs by Empire. Yes, that's who we ended up going with - and I am very pleased with the results and price. Of the 3 quotes I got for the job, Empire came in the lowest by far (WELL under $2,000, which the two other vendors told me would be impossible). The installation itself went smoothly - except it was incredibly noisy, completely freaking out both cats and sending them into deep hiding for the entire afternoon. Check it out:




Clearly I still have to put the molding back up in the master bedroom and it will look much nicer, but I'm waiting until it warms up a little more to haul all of it out to my parents' house to cut it down and restain.

I love what they did with the top of the stairs instead of reusing the gold threshholds:



All in all, I'm thrilled with the results and would definitely recommend Empire. Their installers were all nice guys, and called me up to consult on how they'd do the top of the stairs. I did manage to get some pics of the raw attic floor:


1 shout-outs:

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Nice job! Glad to hear it went well. What's the deal with the attic floor? Did it get repaired before the carpet? Just curious. Funny you picked Empire. Those commercials ring in my ears from childhood. They are also out here in LA. I was contemplating doing a tub insert with them to cover up a botched (previous owner) re-glazing. Which I think is pretty toxic anyhow. Good to hear they were reasonably priced and professional. Home renovation is such an adventure!