Thursday, January 8, 2009

Re-carpeting the upstairs

So we got our first estimate from Carpet Vendor #1 last night to re-carpet the entire upstairs (the two bedrooms and the stairway landing area in between). I was pleasantly surprised that the estimate fell far below what I was expecting. We selected a polyester carpet that second to the nicest and most expensive polyester they carry, but it was made from recycled materials, so I'm all about supporting the green effort. And apparently the price of carpet has gone down lately due to the price of oil going down. Who knew?

The sales guy said we could easily carpet across and remove the thresholds (side note: for some reason I thought that word had two 'h's but Blogger is telling me otherwise) but keep the existing carpeting carpet on the stairs, which I don't really want to deal with at this point.

So two more quotes from other vendors on Saturday, and then I think we'll be good to go. Then no more fugly red/orange, and we can start thinking more about furniture.

0 shout-outs: