Friday, April 10, 2009

Commence Office Makeover

So with 3/4 of a long weekend still before me, I am officially starting the office makeover. The plan is to first clear as much as I can out of the room, then begin sanding the wood paneling to prep for painting. I borrowed my dad's orbital sander, and purchased a mini shop vac to clean up the dust. As soon as the sanding is done, I'll start taping and then do hopefully just 2 coats of primer to cover the paneling. My goal is to have it at least primed, if not painted, by the end of the weekend.

As far as flooring, I'm still looking at doing a laminate bamboo. The goal is to get that done next weekend, so the furniture in the room doesn't have to be displaced for longer than a week.

2 shout-outs:

Andy April 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

You're going to sand down the paneling, eh?

We spent a little extra money and bought the Benjamin Moore primer that is made for covering wood paneling, didn't sand it at all, and it covered pretty well after two coats.

But, I always wondered if sanding would have done anything for us...good luck!

sweetlenny April 12, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

A couple articles I read recommended sanding which would help adhere the paint better if there was any warping in the paneling. It didn't really take too long and wasn't nearly as messy as I thought it would be. It's a really small room I'm doing though.