Sunday, November 23, 2008

The master bedroom is painted.

Whew - that took basically two days of painting for 6-8 hours each day. I forgot how much work painting was, but I'm glad it's finally done. The Aura paint didn't cover nearly as well as we had hoped in the lighter color, but the darker came out pretty well. Or at least until I have a chance to look at the room in bright daylight tomorrow and find a bunch of areas that need to be retouched. The two colors came out pretty nice together, but the edges where the two colors met were really difficult to get perfect. For a few hours I actually sat there with a tiny eyeshadow brush filling in the gaps. There has to be some better way to get an accurate line in the corners... but here, have a look.





The red-orange carpet is going away as soon as I manage to get an estimate on carpet and get a plush grey up there. I've had more than a few people suggest we have wood floors upstairs, rather than carpet. But the wood floors below are the raw attic floors, which are in pretty bad shape and not worth re-doing. The rest of the house is wood, so I want the upstairs to have a nice soft carpet to put my feet on when I wake up in the morning. Of course, I may change my mind someday, but thankfully I have PLENTY of time to think about what I want before the massive Upstairs Renovation and Master Suite project actually happens, in like 2036 or something.

My dad offered to help me cut down the baseboard molding that I removed, so it's not 6" tall. That way I can re-use it and restain it to a darker color more of my liking. Thankfully Adam had the foresight to number all the pieces so I can remember how they go in the room.

1 shout-outs:

Anonymous November 24, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Wow, Adam was thinking ahead! Are you going with a darker trim? Hee hee...